October 29, 2014 at 9:55 am
Thanks Bo for your words and honesty about your own struggles. I also struggle sometimes but only through God’s words do I get back to true faith.
October 29, 2014 at 10:17 am
Bo, “they” didn’t call bright and early this morning for me to substitute teach so that I might make the following observations on your video blog…
1. Good idea! Associating a voice with a face and commentary is a welcome change over continual written verbiage.
2. One should shave prior to ones appearance on the “www” for all to see.
3. The strength and efficacy of my faith is similar to that of my golf swing. It varies with the passage of time. I make improvements in some areas; other areas seem to slip away. The sensation is that of trying to hold onto water with one’s hands. The search for a better swing continues. Recently, I’ve found that bending my waist and knees such that my hips are behind my heels helps greatly with power and accuracy. I’m encouraged at the moment.
4. I periodically read and learn from people better at golf than I am to learn more about it. Similarly, reading the Bible and other old books, the blog, & it’s commentaries helps me learn more about God, other people, and what I should be more about.
5. I have no delusions about ever “arriving” with my golf swing or my faith. It’s the pursuit that matters. Living, whatever kind of living one is involved in – young or old; no matter the activity, is about improvement.
6. Only as small amount (Matt. 13:31) of faith is needed to be a Christian.
7. We worship a faithful God who preserves (Jude 1), and cannot disappoint (Ps. 23:1-6, Is. 32:17-18, Hab. 3:17-19, Jn. 3:16, 10:28-29, Acts 2:21, Rom. 8:38-39, 10:9, 1 Cor. 3:22-23, Col. 2:2, 2 Th. 3:3-4, Heb. 6:8-12, 9:24-26, 1 Pet. 1:3-5, 1 Jn. 2:1-2, Jude 24) and retain His identity. The Bible attests to this fact cover to cover, all we need to do is believe it.
It’s not too cold outdoors, I just checked. I hear the call of golf balls that must be struck for their, and my, own good.
October 29, 2014 at 10:55 am
Couple things craig:
Thanks for apreaciating the little change and my vacation beard. I do like the idea of the golf ilustration: practice and adapting.
October 29, 2014 at 3:49 pm
I can’t believe the improvement! My swing has had a metamorphosis, totally transformed. It feels weird to have all of my weight supported by my heels instead of toes as is conventional golf swing address position wisdom, but it works lots better. My lower body is actually turning back and thru now, I feel it. What a difference it makes! Keegan Bradley does the same…It works for him…it works for me…practice helps…now if I get a little stronger I’ll real hit that little white ball…
October 29, 2014 at 4:39 pm
That is so good to hear
October 29, 2014 at 2:08 pm
Bo, I like the video blog concept… especially in your ‘BEARS’ colors!! teehee… (just had to..)
Just One thing to mention on this passage and your video… We all experience times of ‘walking in the wilderness or darkness’, but it is during that time when family and friends of faith do come along to walk with us or shine God’s light on us… I am blessed to say I have many that walk with and shine their light and so often they do not even realize it. May we all be a blessing this way to those who need that blessing… God’s blessing, He comes in many forms! And my friends and family are one of those!!
Peace to you…
October 29, 2014 at 4:40 pm
Just Hope College colors dont get excited
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account.
( Log Out /
You are commenting using your Google account.
( Log Out /
You are commenting using your Twitter account.
( Log Out /
You are commenting using your Facebook account.
( Log Out /
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.
Notify me of new posts via email.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Join 1,016 other followers
Blog at WordPress.com.